So you’ve got an iPad, but have come to the dawning realisation that you’ve got no cash left to buy any games for it.
Have no fear, because the App Store offers plenty of iPad gaming goodness for the (unintentional or otherwise) skinflint.
- Haven’t bought an iPad yet and not sure which is best? We’ve got them listed on our best iPad ranking – or you can check out the best tablets list to see the full range available now.
Our updated pick of the best free iPad games are listed right here.
New this week: Hue Ball
Hue Ball is a strategic shooting game that features a little turret that oscillates back and forth at the foot of the screen. Tap and it fires a ball that bounces about. Other balls it hits disappear, and you must also ensure your ball doesn’t zip over the line of death, robbing you of a life.
There’s another ball, though – one you can’t hit. It fills the screen with color and shrinks towards the center. When it vanishes, every static ball gets another layer. When any end up with five, they become indestructible skulls.
This combination of clever mechanics makes for an entertaining experience, which works well on the iPad’s larger screen. And although the noodly chill-out audio seems at odds with Hue Ball’s take-no-prisoners claustrophobic end-game panic, it may calm you for long enough to make that perfect shot.
- Spacewar Uprising Is an Exciting AR Game That’s Made in India
- Snap CEO Says Facebook Should Copy Its Data Privacy Policies Too
- India Said to Resist Lobbying by US Payment Firms to Ease Local Data Storage Rules
- Facebook’s Size No Barrier to Deals in New Areas: Sandberg
- WHO Adopts Digital Health Resolution Initiated by India